2 to 3 year olds
Our curriculum will provide care for our youngest children while nurturing their growth and development.
At this stage the curriculum becomes an approach to education where it takes account of the absolute potential of the child.
This curriculum is designed to teach learning through discovery. Our children will discover the world around them by exploring and playing.
Your child will learn to feel secure with a pre-school teacher and build friendships, share and be a part of a group, while gaining understanding of their identities as individuals within it.
Activities are planned around themes (e.g. colours, shapes, animals, letters, numbers, etc.) and are designed to provide the children with fun, age appropriate experiences, indoors and outdoors.
At this stage as children progress, our curriculum will introduce a distinction between “choice time” and “structured activity” time. Specific learning goals will include:
- Structured circle time
- Develop listening and participatory skills
- Development of fine and gross motor skills
- Beginning of letters, numbers, shapes and colours
- Language development through ways of songs, flash cards, books and group discussions
- Development of self
- Learning to be a part of a group.